University Grants Commission UGC sources say much awaited Z Score cut-off marks for entrance to university for the new academic year will release 2020 June – July months. Sri Lanka UGC has not yet announced the exact release date. “Lanka Education News” extracted past few years Z Score release dates.
Z Score Cut off Marks
|Year||Cut Off Marks Released|
|2010 A/L||May 27, 2011|
|2011 A/L||December 28, 2012|
|2012 A/L||November 9, 2013|
|2013 A/L||September 6, 2014|
|2014 A/L||October 6, 2015|
|2015 A/L||September 20, 2016|
|2016 A/L||June 6, 2017|
|2017 A/L||July 26, 2018|
|2018 A/L||July 26, 2019|
|2019 A/L||June 20, 2020*|
Meanwhile Government planning to prepare a mechanism to admit students to universities within 6 months period after A/L exam results release, said Minister Bandula Gunawardene. Currently it takes about one year to admit students to local universities.
Academic activities of Medical & Engineering faculties will start before 2020 November end. According to the reliable sources other faculties (Management, Science, Arts) will start from 2020 December to February 2021 period.
University Z Score Cut Off Marks to release 2020 June to www.ugc.ac.lk
Minimum Z-scores for selection to courses of study of universities in respect of each district and detailed information of course selection based on the GCE (A/L) Examination in 2019 can be accessed through the following modes after release;
2. Call 1919 (Government Information Centre)
3. SMS to 1919
Format: ugc <space> Index Number -> send to 1919
Example: ugc 2223322 ->send to 1919
4. Call UGC – 0112695301, 0112695302, 0112692357, 0112675854
University Entrance process will be as follows.
- A/L Results release
- University Hand Book release
- Buy University handbook & read it carefully
- Online Registration & Send print out via post to UGC
- Based on students’ desired course students have to apply for Aptitude tests after publishing on national newspapers.
- Sit for Aptitude Tests depend on their selected courses. Then aptitude test results will released by relevant universities.
- Re-scrutinized / Re- correction A/Level results release.
- Z score cut off marks will be release (June-July)
- University Registration via online
- Students will receive selected Course & University
Sri Lanka government planning to admit additional students intake for 2019/2020 new academic year. The university intake of students from the 2019 G.C.E Advanced Level examination will be increased by 25 percent for which discussions with universities and other stakeholders are on, Sri Lanka Information and Communications Technology, Higher Education, and Technology Innovation Minister Dr.Bandula Gunawardena said.