President Gotabaya Rajapaksa says the current obstructions in the University Act will be removed and the Kotelawala Defence University will be brought under the UGC purview, President Media Division.
President briefs Maha Sangha on vaccination drive and Kotelawala University Act.
President Rajapaksa said that the Kotelawala Defence University has produced a large number of scholars to the country over the past 40 years and that even students who pass the GCE Advanced Level examination with high marks are also eager to choose the Kotelawala Defence University for their higher education.
The President also pointed out the need for the establishment of such high quality universities in the country in order to save the large amount of money lost to the country and to the parents when sending their children abroad for higher education.
The President also stated that the obstacles existed in the University Grants Commission Act will be removed and the Kotelawala Defence University will be brought under its purview.
The Maha Sangha commended the President and the government for their efforts to control the COVID-19 from the outset and pointed out the need to educate the public about the objectives of the Kotelawala Defence University and to take steps to prevent the spread of misconceptions in the society regarding this University.
Related News –
- Withdraw Kotelawala National Defence University (KNDU) Bill students are protesting.
- Kotelawala National Defence University Bill Present Parliament for the second reading.
- Students are protesting against KNDU bill, request all forces to line up against it, Anthare says more protests are planned.
- Police arrested student protestors including CTU Gen Sec those who stage a protest against the proposed KNDU bill.
- Sri Lankan teachers to withdraw from online teaching in protest of illegal detention of union leaders
- FUTA condemns the brutal police action against the peaceful protest held by IUSF over Kotelawala University bill
- Trade unions and students are protesting against the Kotelawala University Bill and demand release of union leaders including Joseph Stalin.
- Activist Joseph Stalin and 15 others released. Struggle to continue against Kotelawala University Bill
- Kotelawala Defence University will be brought under the UGC purview.